Willis Bond & Co is a New Zealand based company specialising in property development and investment in Auckland and Wellington.
Our projects are predominantly large scale, medium to high-end developments based in urban environments and historic precincts. We have a strong focus on waterfront and inner city mixed-use development that combine living, retail, office and parking. Our aim is to create new and lasting communities.
We always strive to build trust, lasting partnerships and better communities.
Public and private sector investment
Willis Bond & Co has built partnerships in both the private and public sectors through a variety of investment structures that have funded our projects. We have co-founded a number of property-related funds including Property For Industry, Direct Property and Willis Bond Capital Partners. We also hold direct investments in properties and other businesses.
We recognise that the consultants advising on our projects, be they in construction, design or engineering, must be best in class and closely aligned with the outcomes they are delivering. Willis Bond & Co benefits from strong relationships with leading design, construction, structural and other project-related consultants and contractors. These relationships provide strength in assessing and identifying opportunities and risks. A strong project team also delivers real value to each project by providing a level of comfort around quality and timeliness together with an added level of risk mitigation.
Willis Bond & Co works closely with LT McGuinness Ltd, a third generation commercial construction company renowned for the quality of its work. On recent projects, Willis Bond & Co has also worked with Athfield Architects Limited, Dunning Thornton Consultants, Studio Pacific Architecture and other leading consultants.
In addition to our development team partnerships, we have built strong tenant partnerships.
Willis Bond & Co aims to implement environmentally sustainable design for all new developments. Our projects include a number of heritage buildings and as much of the original fabric of these buildings as possible has been preserved.
We also aim to meet NABERSNZ standards for new buildings and refurbished buildings. Prior to the introduction of NABERSNZ, we worked to the Green Star design standard. The seven-level office building in the Chews Lane Precinct was developed to a four-star standard in accordance with the New Zealand Green Building Council rating tool.
We are a key funder of The McGuinness Institute, a think-tank looking at the issues associated with managing New Zealand’s long-term future.
Clyde Quay Wharf, Wellington
- Supreme Award, Property Council NZ Industry Awards
- Multi-Unit Residential Property Award, Property Council NZ Industry Awards
- Supreme Award, New Zealand Commercial Project Awards
- Gold Award, New Zealand Commercial Project Awards
- Housing Multi-Unit Award, New Zealand Architecture Awards
- National Category Winner in Residential, New Zealand Commercial Project Awards
- National Category Winner in Commercial Project over $15 million, New Zealand Commercial Project Awards
- Housing Multi Unit Award, Wellington Architecture Awards
Grant Thornton House, Wellington
- Excellence in Commercial Office Property Award, Property Council NZ Industry Awards
Xero House, Wellington
- Excellence in Heritage and Adaptive Reuses Award, Property Council NZ Awards
Chews Lane Apartments, Wellington
- Urban Land Developments Excellence Award, Property Council NZ Awards
Chews Lane Precinct, Wellington
- Supreme Award, Property Council NZ Awards
- Urban Design Excellence Award, Property Council NZ Awards
- Mixed Use Excellence Award, Property Council NZ Awards